Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinner Exchange

I’m so excited! My neighbors and I started a dinner exchange group and last night was the first night of the swap. There are 4 families included in our swap. I cook dinner Tuesday night and Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I get to sit back and wait for dinner to come to me. It was so nice not to stress out about what I was going to make tonight and dinner was great! My good friend/neighbor made ravioli soup, rolls and pumpkin bread for dessert. Yum!!

I’m not sure yet whether or not it will save me actual dollars but the convenience and the change in meals will be fantastic.

My suggestions on starting a group would be to look really close at the families you want in the group. You really need to be able to communicate freely with everyone. If someone brings a dinner a family doesn’t like we know that we can say that it didn’t work out so well and not have hurt feelings.

We also meet a couple of weeks ago and talked about things our families didn’t like and came up with a calendar of meals for the next 6 weeks.

I’ll update tomorrow with my feelings after I cook dinner for 16 people but for now I think it is going to be great!

No comments: