Sunday, October 12, 2008

It snowed!!!!

The weather prediction was a little off - and not in a good way! We got a FOOT of snow today! The boys were so excited they could hardly stand it. The snow was too wet to make a fort but they had a blast just running through it and throwing it.

Tater took this picture around 4:00 -a lot of it had melted by then


I thought this was kind of funny-Not sure if you can see it but there is a perfect little rose behind the tombstone and surrounded in snow.

If you've never tried homemade snow ice cream, you're missing out! It is actually really good and so easy to make. I know some people will be concerned about the pollutants that may be in the snow but I think for an every once in awhile treat it should be fine.


Here's How:

Mix all ingredients together and eat!

Tips:
Experiment with other extracts like almond and mint. You can also try orange, lime or lemon extracts for a "sherbert" dessert.
To make ice cream even creamier add 1/2 of a mashed banana.

What You Need:
1 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of salt
5 cups of fresh, clean snow


Keep us in your warm thoughts - we should thaw out soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures made me really dread winter upcoming, and reminded me it's around the corner, wow.
Kristine
teletwenties
three times a bridesmaid

- said...

Wow, snow now! I live in Florida so I don't think there will be any coming my way. But I do miss snow cream. Yum.
Shrinking Pamelalala
I Don't Commute
Paradise Fiber Studio